none
Error 270 on DPM 2012R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

As many other IT fellows I am faced with the incapacity of installing correctly the DPM 2012R2 remote agent v 4.2.1235.0 on a Windows 2012 R2 newly installed server. Both servers are running Windows 2012R2 are up-to date and within same Domain and subnet.  The DPM server cannot access any servers’ added generating error ID 270 all the time.

I read a lot of threads relating problems with the agent installation and I tried many things without success so far:

- Manually uninstall an reinstall the agent

- Adding the DPM server computer account to the Domain Admins and Local Admins groups

- Changed all the DPM services credentials on all servers so that they all use same administrator account (which is Domain Admins)

- Used the command lines to set the dpm server and to attach/removed the production server

- Disabled firewalls

It's been 2 days wasted trying to understand what is not working and I am now at a point where I don't know which direction investigation must go... It looks that the DPM server and production server cannot communicate together.

Anyone has any idea of what is going on? Why it is so complicated just to attach a server in the DPM?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:25 PM

All replies