none
Certificate Manager Config Wizard: Installation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am installing Certificate Manager Config Wizard (Microsoft Identity Manager 2016) and after clicking Configure at the end of the wizard i get the following error message:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Clm.Config.Core.ConfigHelper.RequireSSL(String applicationName)
       at Microsoft.Clm.Config.Steps.Summary.NeedConfigureWebSite()
       at Microsoft.Clm.Config.Steps.Summary.btnConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have implemented SSL for the Web Portal in IIS (no error message there, but a certificate security warning when i try to open the default website).

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 8:27 AM

All replies

• Extinguisher

Can you share your Config.Log typically in the  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Certificate Management

This might give us a clue to what is going on

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:03 PM
  • Unfortunately I can't find that file anywhere! I have already run Certificate Management setup again and chose "repair" and still there is no config.log file. 

Also, the installation does not create the "web" folder in C:\Program Files\..., so i had to copy it into there to be able to start the Config Wizard. Maybe there is some problem with the installation?

Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:23 AM
  • Question did you rename the default site displayName (Default Web Site) or remove any bindings from the default site sounds possible

The check that is failing is its looking for the default site and using the Microsoft.Web.Administration

Also you can use powershell:

[Void][Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.Web.Administration, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL")
    $sm = New-Object Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager
    $cm = $sm.Sites | where { $_.Name -eq ‘Default Web Site’ } | select-object Path,@{Name="sslFlags"; Expression = {$_.GetWebConfiguration().GetSection("system.webServer/security/access”).GetAttributeValue("sslFlags")}}

Lastly I would check to make sure you have all the CM Prerequisite before running wizard

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh230253%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:22 PM
  • I have finally solved this problem. 

My mistake was that i had a (bad) guide that told me something wrong. I figured out that i only had to install MIM CM Portal and MIM CM Update Services on one Server and the MIM CM CA Files on my domain controller - where my CA is.

Thanks for your help!

Friday, October 7, 2016 1:46 PM