Windows 8/Office 2007 Memory Leak RRS feed

• Question

• A few weeks ago I posted the following request for help:

"I have a new computer with Windows 8 and have downloaded Office 2007 from my original disc.  From the moment I open a Word document I have problems that seem to be memory related.  First, the pointer never looks like an arrow but is in continual spinning mode.  Next, within a very short time working in a Word document, things go very slowly - as slow as 3 seconds to move the cursor one character in any direction.  Finally, not long after that I get a message saying I have run out of memory.   Can you help?"

Entegy replied as follows: "Did you update Office 2007? If not, download Office 2007 SP3 here, then run Windows Update until no more important updates are left."

The download and Windows Update solved the problem but only temporarily. When I eventually sent a Word document to my printer, the problem returned - a perpetually spinning circle rather than an arrow for the mouse avatar, an excruciatingly slow cursor (at least 3 seconds for the cursor to move just one space left or right), and periodic warnings about high memory usage.

Is the problem related to the driver for my printer (a Canon MX882) that doesn't seem to have a driver for Windows 8)?  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.  Desmond

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:16 AM

Answers

• Please focus on the original thread.

And if the issue only occur with office, I also suggest to contact Office Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:37 AM

All replies

• unmark the answers and repliy to the old topic :

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itproperf/thread/2a2578de-537f-45d6-b50d-51b0d3bc7cc2

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, April 15, 2013 4:40 AM
    Answerer
  • I replied to the original topic last week but did not realize that I needed to unmark the answers.  I have now gone back and unmarked them.  Thanks for the tip.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 8:36 PM
  • when a topic is marked as answered a lot of people doesn't view it again. So unmarking it brings the attention back.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Please focus on the original thread.

And if the issue only occur with office, I also suggest to contact Office Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:37 AM