Issues setting up MAP 9.3 via RDP or VM under Hyper-V RRS feed

• Question

• Environment is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (not joined to domain), running Hyper-V with a VM also running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB that IS joined to a 2012 domain.     Reason for configuration is that I am preparing VMs that will be transitioned to a private cloud.  

Issue:

When installing MAP 9.3 via RDP or on a VM console under Hyper-V, I ran into this issue -- the "All Computers Credentials" interface does not have the "Create" or "Edit" buttons. 

Cause:

??  Hoping someone can resolve this so MAP 9.3 can reside on a VM under Hyper-V

Resolution:

I had to install MAP 9.3 on a physical computer running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB where the buttons to create and edit credentials appear.   Short term this will work for one of my companies, but I would not be able to use a physical box for another of my companies.     Any of you run into this and find a better solution to keep MAP on a virtual machine?  

Additional Info:

I resorted to playing with resolution/Full Screen, using the /ADMIN and CHANG USER /INSATLL; and even resorted to see if I could TAB to the hidden buttons, or try to find their hot-key  ALT+?? combination.    Physical box was the only fix.  

Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:46 AM