none
Error Code 0x80070426 on Windows 8

Question

• I just purchased a Surface 2 tablet. I have been anticipating being able to spend some time browsing and playing games. Because it is a Microsoft product I find myself visiting the Microsoft store. I was able to download three games from the store. After that, and after one or two updates to my tablet, I found that I started receiving a message that said it was unable to download the games, and gave me the error code I listed in the subject heading.

I am extremely dissatisfied with my Microsoft product so far, and I do not find that the errors in the tablet are helping this. What does this error code mean? How can I fix it so that this thing wasn't a total waste of money?

Note: It has updated several times since the error code started coming to me, and nothing has changed as regards this problem.

I'm assuming there is some competency in the company forums; please assist me with clear instructions.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This error stands for that The service has not been started.

I recommend you open Services by searching Service in Search charm, and clicking View local services.

Locate to Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service, double click to open the service properties.  

If the service is running, click the STOP button. Try changing the startup type to Manual if you've been having issues with it set to Automatic.

Let's see if we can get this issue fixed.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:04 AM

All replies