none
Windows 10 ADAC Crashing

Question

• Just be given a Windows 10 machine and have gone to load the Windows 10 Active Directory packages onto the machine and it loads. It shows the domain and all the users but whenever I go into an object it fails.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've got access to ADUC just fine showing all advanced object details.

• Moved by Yan Li_Moderator Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:36 AM move to the proper forum
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 10:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

your post is misplaced. This is a System Center Service Manager forum. I would recommend you to post your question in the Directory Services forum here:

Directory Services

I think is more of an AD topic, as Windows 10 topic.

Please considering including an error message and ascreenshopt when posting, because otherwise it is not clear how the issue exactly looks and "feels" like. An error description and/or a screenshot would ease the troubleshoting and speed up your resolution.

Hope this helps. Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:56 AM
  • Hi

Sorry for misplacing. Can someone move it?

Also I tried adding an image, it wouldn't let me due to not being verified.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:58 AM
  • Hm,

I remember that you had to post a verification request in a special thread in the forums, so that you get approved..or something like that. Doesn't the message state this?

Let's hope an moderator will move it accordingly.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:38 PM
  • Hi,

Please try the below steps to resolve this issue:

• Uninstall Windows Update KB2693643 and reboot
    • Uninstall Windows Update KB3210721 and reboot
    • Install the older version of the RSAT Tools.  (The version released on Oct 12, 2016 are problematic.)
    • Go into ‘Control Panel’ – ‘Programs and Features’ – ‘Turn Windows Features on or off’ and verify that Remote System Administration Tools is checked. (All sub features as well)
    • Start ADAC and it should display the tabs you want without crashing.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/cdb6b7d8-b5fb-4ff8-a473-d05b2a76df67/adac-aduc-rsat-issues-on-windows-10-enterprise?forum=win10itproapps

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by EllyM999 Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:46 AM
  • I've not seen anything reference that :(
    Friday, March 17, 2017 4:51 PM
  • Hi,

The steps I provided before is worthy to try, please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Alvin, I cannot find an older version of RSAT tools.

Is it because of my WIN10 version?

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

The newest official released version of RSAT is 1.2 and I cannot find a way to download the older version from the official website. You may refer to the last reply from the below link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/cdb6b7d8-b5fb-4ff8-a473-d05b2a76df67/adac-aduc-rsat-issues-on-windows-10-enterprise?forum=win10itproapps 

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Friday, March 24, 2017 5:53 AM