Exchange 2007 External Email Mailing List ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Expert advised required.

Exchange 2007 SP3 (Windows Server 2003 R2)

I want to create GAL or Distribution group or some mailing list exclusively for external email addresses for marketing purpose.

We have large client base and we want to send regular emails to our customers for different campaigns. We have at least 3 different type of customer group so we wanted to create 3 different type of mailing lists. My boss wanted to see them in GAL so that if he assign this task anyone, he/she can find email address from GAL or at least able to select distribution group or mailing list email from GAL.

How can I achieve this?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:31 PM

Answers

• Create mail-enabled contacts for each external email address and for the required ExternalEmalAddress field, enter the external, remote SMTP address of that contact.

Then create mail-enabled universal distribution group(s) and add those contacts as needed to the correct groups. They will show in the GAL.

• Proposed as answer by cara chen Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by cara chen Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:26 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:49 PM
  • User Below command to create a mail enabled contact...

New-MailContact -Name "PremRana" -ExternalEmailAddress premrana@Domain.com

If you already have a conatct and want to make it mail enabled use below command

Enable-MailContact -Identity PreRana -ExternalEmailAddress premrana@domain.com

Use below command to add this user to distribution group

Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "distribution group" -Member premrana@domain.com

Let me know for more help.

Thanks Prem P Rana MCSA Messaging 2003 MCSE 2003 Server MCTS MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 Gurgaon, India

Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:55 PM

All replies

• Create mail-enabled contacts for each external email address and for the required ExternalEmalAddress field, enter the external, remote SMTP address of that contact.

Then create mail-enabled universal distribution group(s) and add those contacts as needed to the correct groups. They will show in the GAL.

• Proposed as answer by cara chen Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:17 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:49 PM
  • User Below command to create a mail enabled contact...

New-MailContact -Name "PremRana" -ExternalEmailAddress premrana@Domain.com

If you already have a conatct and want to make it mail enabled use below command

Enable-MailContact -Identity PreRana -ExternalEmailAddress premrana@domain.com

Use below command to add this user to distribution group

Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "distribution group" -Member premrana@domain.com

Let me know for more help.

Thanks Prem P Rana MCSA Messaging 2003 MCSE 2003 Server MCTS MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 Gurgaon, India

Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:55 PM