Error installing licensing only server/cluster RRS feed

• Question

• I was successfully able to install certification server in Domain A and register it as SCP for the entire forest. Now for governance reasons, we are setting up a licensing only cluster in Domain B and I consitently receive following error message while installing RMS role on the Windows 2008 server.In this particular case I am using a named SQL instance. Any help or guidance will be much appreciated !!!

Error: Active Directory Rights Management Services: Installation succeeded with errors 

<Error>: Attempt to configure Active Directory Rights Management Server failed. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: version at System.Version..ctor(String version) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvUtilsCommon.CheckSqlServerVersion(String connectionString) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.CheckInstallationEnvironment(String strDatabaseName, String strDBServerName) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.Run() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerBase.DoProvision() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerHelper.Run(OperationType operationType, Object data) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.CmdLineHandler.Run() Remove and re-install AD RMS to attempt provisioning again.

Friday, July 20, 2012 1:45 PM

Answers

• Hi PankyMS,

it seems that the installation cannot verify the SQL version.

Is Windows 2008 or 2008 R2?

What is the database version, service pack and edition?

Thank you,

Lutz

Friday, July 27, 2012 4:58 PM