none
Using Remove-SPOUser to remove "Everyone except external users" and "Everyone" from SharePoint groups

Question

• I am trying to remove "Everyone except external users" and "Everyone" from my SharePoint groups and replace them with an AD account. I tried using the command below as part of my script.
    The script is intended to loop through all the groups in a site collection and remove "Everyone except external users"

Remove-SPOUser -Site $site -LoginName "spo-grid-all-users/2d24fbf8-f186-4d1b-bc5c-39bb9cde1baa" -Group $group.LoginName

But this command does not work. I get the error in the screenshot below when I run this. 
    Am I using it wrong? Is there a better way to do accomplish what I need? Please help.

Monday, March 6, 2017 10:17 PM

Answers

• Finally figured it out. This worked for me.

Remove-SPOUser -Site $site -LoginName "c:0-.f|rolemanager|spo-grid-all-users/2d24fbf8-f186-4d1b-bc5c-39bb9cde1baa" -Group $group.LoginName

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:51 PM

All replies

• Finally figured it out. This worked for me.

Remove-SPOUser -Site $site -LoginName "c:0-.f|rolemanager|spo-grid-all-users/2d24fbf8-f186-4d1b-bc5c-39bb9cde1baa" -Group $group.LoginName

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:51 PM
  • Hi Naveed,

Thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:56 PM