Paste image into Enhanced Rich Text field? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to paste images directly into a Sharepoint Foundation 2010 Enhanced Rich Text Field as described here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-workspace-help/using-rich-text-features-HA010283960.aspx#BM2

I can paste rich text just fine (Documents in word copy font sizes correctly) but images are left out.  I've tried copying the image in a number of different ways (copy file direct from File Explorer, copy image form word) and no luck.

What I have been able to do is move images in the other direction.  Images uploaded to the field using Editing Tools > Insert > Picture > From Computer show up in the Enriched text field  just fine.  I can Ctrl+C the image, paste it back into the same field, and even into word with no problems.  However, I can't copy the image pasted into word back into the field.  Also, if I start a new item, I can't paste the image from my clipboard into the field.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?  Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Images can't be copy and paster to rich text fields directly, and we need to use a picture which is already upload to SharePoint Site or other Internet location.

And the link you provided is applies to SharePoint 2010. If you are using ShaerPoint 2010, Images or files you paste into rich text fields may sometimes display as file attachments (instead of the actual image), depending on the image or file type and your operating system. So please check if the image you pasted has become an attachment.

In addition, here is a post similar to yours, please refer to this for more information. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/4565348e-0e75-4214-b18a-02cd8c2492d1/  .

Thanks,
    Emir

• Proposed as answer by Zoeb S Friday, November 25, 2011 11:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, December 2, 2011 5:34 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Images can't be copy and paster to rich text fields directly, and we need to use a picture which is already upload to SharePoint Site or other Internet location.

And the link you provided is applies to SharePoint 2010. If you are using ShaerPoint 2010, Images or files you paste into rich text fields may sometimes display as file attachments (instead of the actual image), depending on the image or file type and your operating system. So please check if the image you pasted has become an attachment.

In addition, here is a post similar to yours, please refer to this for more information. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/4565348e-0e75-4214-b18a-02cd8c2492d1/  .

Thanks,
    Emir

• Proposed as answer by Zoeb S Friday, November 25, 2011 11:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, December 2, 2011 5:34 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 8:06 AM
  • So make the paste add the image to Site Assets and then include the URL in the Enhanced Text Box?
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:45 PM
  • So it's not an enhanced rich text box as the description says?  which means there is no difference between the rich and enhanced rich text box? 

Has anyone been able to find a fix for this?

• Edited by Clem_FRB Monday, June 30, 2014 2:51 PM
    Monday, June 30, 2014 2:51 PM
  • This is not really an answer - I know it doesn't work - what I need to know is how to make it work. I've been able to drag and drop stuff since 1989, it was one of the USP's behind the original Windows platform - you can't tell me that not being able to do it in SharePoint in 2015 enhances my office productivity.

Notwithstanding the fact that the responder doesn't actually offer a solution (apart from a link to another page that also tells me I can't do something in 2015 that was commonplace in 1989) the demonstrable lack of attention to detail and sloppiness indicated by the numerous typos and grammatical errors in the response reflect badly on both the responder and the organisation. If this level of attention to detail is widespread no wonder we have the software we do.

Genify, by the way, has what appears to be the solution in a later post, but only MS would be able to implement it...

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:12 AM
  • Hi, I have a problem with the images in a enhanced textbox using the insert button from the ribbon.

The problem is that SharePoint uploads the images in a general folder, so if a user inserts an image with the same name of an already uploaded image, the column (rich textbox)  shows first image.

Do you know how to avoid this? Something like uploading the image with an identifier..

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:38 PM
  • I was also able to paste images, even from a snipping tool such as SnagIt, into SharePoint 2010 rich text field editor.

AND NOW I CANNOT. I've searched the internet for answers, and techs simply don't have a clue how to resolve this. I think it's one of the add-ons or XControl security options.

Please help.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:48 PM
  • THIS IS FALSE.

In the past, I was able to paste images, even from a snipping tool such as SnagIt, into SharePoint 2010 rich text field editor.

AND NOW I CANNOT. I've searched the internet for answers, and techs simply don't have a clue how to resolve this. I think it's one of the add-ons or XControl security options.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:49 PM