Cannot Delete Erronious Mail From Inbox RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone figured out how to delete erronious mail from your inbox in the new Vista mail?

I have a message that cannot be deleted.  In the subject area it reads:

"Message could not be displayed

Windows mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message.  Check you computer for low memory and low disk space and try again"

Anyone know how to get rid of this???

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:12 PM

All replies

• Same problem here--can't delete the message, move the message, etc.
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 12:57 PM
  • This seems to be a widespread problem and unfortunately there is no fix for this right now.  I have the same problem and nobody has an answer!
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 3:25 PM
  • YES, THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 12:00 AM
  • Oh and another thing, it keeps on adding to the deleted items folder.  I'm now up to my 400th undeleted emails.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 12:02 AM
  • Ok, I have the same problem but with my outbox. Not only can I not delete the message, but it is not allowing me to send any other messages. This message does not appear in the outbox folder when I use the explorer to view my outbox. The message does appear in my sent folder in explorer but not in windows mail. This is a little more inconvenient than just a message in my inbox that I can't delete as I cannot send messages while it is still there.

Incidentally, I have the same problem with a different message in windows mobile outlook. This "ghost" message is in my inbox and causes no other problems. These two programs do not sync so the issues are not related.

Monday, April 30, 2007 10:52 PM
  • Have you found a result to this problem yet?  Dell won't help and microsoft wants to charge me $59 to help. This is a brand new computer.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:22 PM
  • Still frustrated. Called a friend who went through the same thing.  I had to go into Vista, delete the user account and reenter it.  Of course I lost all of my saved emails but at least I got rid of the annoying pile of deleted emails that I can't delete.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 11:10 AM
  • It appears that the problem is getting worse.

I can’t successfully delete junk E-mail. When I click on “Empty junk E-mail folder” it deletes all but 40 messages. However when I restart Windows Mail displays two error messages:

“Recovering Windows Mail database”

and then:

“The message store has been corrupted by an application external to Windows Mail.  Windows mail has been able to successfully recover from this corruption (0x00000000)”

And all “deleted” emails are back in the “Junk E-mail” folder.

Mark R

Monday, May 14, 2007 5:44 AM
  • Did you find any way to get rid of that buggy? I have the same annoyance that is destroying few of my neurons. Let me know. Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:48 AM