How to remove user rights/advanced permissions for thousand of subsites/workspaces RRS feed

• Question

• I have currently been assigned the job of removing access to several thousands of subsites/workspaces in a SP2007 environment...great.

As i only want to make sure that it is only the subsites that starts with a spesific name that have all their permissions removed, I am a little bit unsure how to do this without going through them all. In SP Designer 2007 i can mark them all, but can't seem to find a way to strip them all of user permissions.

In the site, I of course can manually go through each subsite, and remove permissions there, but damn that's tedious work.

Does anyeone know how to do this with STSadm or preferably SPD07, to add to my luck this is also an application made for my company by a now....non-existing firm.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:51 AM

Answers

• You've offered a 2010 solution when the user OP has stated that they have SharePoint 2007 in place.

SharePoint Designer in 2007 only offered workflows at a list level and I don't think it can really be counted on here. 

Before I try and answer, can you advise if you have any administration tools, such as ControlPoint that might help with this?

Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:26 PM
    Answerer

All replies