none
Wiki Page Home Page - Waffle menu wrong home page RRS feed

• Question

• All,
    Hoping someone can help.  Somewhat new to Project Online and I enabled the Wiki Page Home Page.  When I click on the 'Home' quick link it takes me to the new wiki page home page (.../sites/pwa/SitePages/Home.aspx) as well as the Project Online image in the upper-left.  However, in the office 365 waffle menu, the Projects image still has me directed to the old home page (.../sites/pwa/default.aspx).  Trying to get a customized/consistent home page for my users.

Thanks,
    Colby J

Monday, June 29, 2015 1:13 PM

Answers

• Guillaume and Gary,
    Thank you for your responses.  It was good to know it couldn't be done and ways to get around the issue.  I ended up going with a SharePoint redirect to the from the old homepage to the new.

http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/2010/01/20/redirect-a-sharepoint-site-by-using-the-content-editor-web-part-aspx/

Thanks!

Jason

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Colby,

Unfortunately I think that the office 365 waffle menu with the Project tile cannot be configured.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, June 29, 2015 1:32 PM
  • Colby:

You can use the Sites tile to do make this happen. Edit the promoted sites and put your various PWA destinations there. That's about the only thing you can do at this point.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Monday, July 6, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Guillaume and Gary,
    Thank you for your responses.  It was good to know it couldn't be done and ways to get around the issue.  I ended up going with a SharePoint redirect to the from the old homepage to the new.

http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/2010/01/20/redirect-a-sharepoint-site-by-using-the-content-editor-web-part-aspx/

Thanks!

Jason

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:24 PM