Sync Exchange 2010 Global Address Book to SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have a project to list our company directory from the Exchange Global Address Book in SharePoint. We are an institution that has multiple windows domains, so just syncing SharePoint with Active Directory will not work, unless we could specify just one domain. However, PC's on other domains would no longer be able to access SharePoint unless they used our main domain which contains the Global Address List for Exchange.

I have two ideas for this, but unsure how to get it to work. Either solution would work.

1. Directly sync our Exchange Global Address Book to a SharePoint contact list
    2. Connect a SharePoint contact list to my Oulook client, then sync the Global Address Book with that address list within my Outlook client.

It does seem kind of redundant to have the Global Address Book, and an address book on SharePoint, but it's what the users want. I am able to manually highlight all of the users in the Global Address Book, click add entry, have it add them all to my contacts, then click and drag them all to a synced SharePoint list in my Outlook client. However we have over 400 users and would like this to be an automatic process instead of a manual one.

I've tried to find a 3rd party Web Part, with no such luck. I had one from Bamboo but it was not working, even after a few days of emails back and forth with support.

Technology In Use:
    SharePoint Server - MSFT WSS 3.0 2007 SharePoint Server Version 12.0.0.6421
    Exchange Server - Exchange Server 2010
    Outlook Clients - MSFT Outlook 2007
    Domain Controller - MSFT Server 2003 Active Directory

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:11 PM

All replies

• > SharePoint Server - MSFT WSS 3.0 2007 SharePoint Server Version 12.0.0.6421

WSS 3.0 and (Microsoft Office) SharePoint Server 2007 are different products and only one of them can be installed in a farm.

So do you have WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007 ? The quoted text is unclear on that. (and afaik the version number could apply to either)

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:19 AM
  • WSS 3.0.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 2:27 PM
  • Just wondering....did you ever find  a resolution to this issue? 

Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:56 PM