How to backup and see all my fonts in Windows 7 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I have more than 800 fonts and I can not see them on windows-fonts I know there are there because in properties I have 800 files, also how I how to backup all my fonts
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:05 PM

Answers

• Go to C:\Windows\Fonts and that's where Windows keeps all your fonts.  To back them up just take the whole folder and put it on a flash drive or something else.

Also in that folder you can click on a particular font and see if it's installed or not.  You will see a "install" button at the top

Thank you! Computer Repair Kissimmee
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, October 28, 2011 2:31 AM
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:47 PM
  • Hi,

Some fonts are hidden. Please configure the settings to show them.

Click Start -> type folder options in the search box-> On view tab, under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Then go to C:\Windows\Fonts, the hidden fonts are displayed. You can select the font, click Show/Hide button.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:31 AM

All replies

• Go to C:\Windows\Fonts and that's where Windows keeps all your fonts.  To back them up just take the whole folder and put it on a flash drive or something else.

Also in that folder you can click on a particular font and see if it's installed or not.  You will see a "install" button at the top

Thank you! Computer Repair Kissimmee
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:47 PM
  • Thank you for answering. I copy the folder on an external hard drive.

How I can see the fonts on Windows/font file it shows only 11

Thanks,

Lucia

Monday, October 17, 2011 1:32 AM
  • Hi,

Some fonts are hidden. Please configure the settings to show them.

Click Start -> type folder options in the search box-> On view tab, under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Then go to C:\Windows\Fonts, the hidden fonts are displayed. You can select the font, click Show/Hide button.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:31 AM