Outlook 2010 in windows 7 problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I came across with a problem with setting up email accounts in outlook 2010 on windows 7. 

It always says "unable to connect to the server" - both pop and smtp the same. 
    I'm sure that it might be something silly but I've tried everything. Interestingly on other computer with XP and Novell Evolution it works with the exactly same settings. So does on my Linux computer. I've tried to install thunderbird and it works as well. Only Outlook seems to have a problem.

its an Irish domain email@domain.ie
    It requires name/password authentication with different name and password for pop and smtp.

I've tried to set up my Gmail account in Outlook2010 which I never had a problem with and the result is the same.

Any idea where the problem could be? 

Thanks.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:56 AM

Answers

• Since Outlook 2010 is a beta version, some issues may occur while using it. Does the issue occur while using older version of Outlook? You can post a thread regarding this Outlook 2010 beta issue in Office 2010 Forums.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:53 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 5:56 AM

All replies

• i am guessing it is the beta,if so i have office 2010 beta on my pc and am using that with no problems at all on windows 7, try reinstalling office 2010 or trying a repair if that does not work email microsoft,and if they cant help you you will probrably wont buy office 2010
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:54 AM
  • It's actually is friends computer, and thinking about it now it might be office 2007.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:18 AM
  • It's actually is friends computer, and thinking about it now it might be office 2007.

Lately i've transfer contact and message from windows mail to outlook 2007 for a friend and everything work fine. Could it be some setting and configuration which you have left out and have you try using outlook 2007 instead of outlook 2010 beta?
    Friday, April 16, 2010 1:05 AM
    Answerer
  • Since Outlook 2010 is a beta version, some issues may occur while using it. Does the issue occur while using older version of Outlook? You can post a thread regarding this Outlook 2010 beta issue in Office 2010 Forums.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:53 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 5:56 AM