Enabling PowerPivot addin in Excel 2016 for APP-V5 deployment RRS feed

• Question

•             

Hi,

We are working on deploying APP-V5 Office 2016 package and their addins. As part of it, I want to enable PowerPivot addin. I created an extra user deployment config file with in Office 2016 package and included LoadBehavior=3 key inside the xml file.

I defined one AD group for Office 2016 package and a different AD group for PowerPivot.

Customized the AD groups and applied the user configuration file where the LoadBehavior key is specified to PowerPivot AD group.

I published the package using app-v management console, added my id to the access group, but this did not work , I thought the reason could be there are two user deployment config files and app-v client is unable to decide which one to take.

Please suggest how we can achieve this

Thank you

Swathi

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:42 AM

All replies

• Create a new package for PowerPivot and make Connection Group with Office 2016.

I have PowerPivot working with Office 365 ProPlus, didn't tried with the Office 2016 MSI version. But it should work, give it a try.

• Proposed as answer by Vinodreddy597 Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:08 PM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 11:40 AM
  • Hi Swathi,

If you are a member of both user deployments configs, then that will cause a conflict and App-V uses the default configuration.

I also agree with Ben, that the normal way to go is to create an additional package for PowerPivot to use in a connection group.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:16 PM
  • As said above, if your user is member of both groups, a conflict will occur falling back to the default config.
    So, removing your user from the office-group will solve the issue.

Which version of AppV5 are you on? If SP3>, create indeed a separate "package" for powerpivot with only this regkey. Create a connectiongroup, and mark the package as non-mandatory.

Roy Essers

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:47 PM
  • Thanks all

Apologies for my delay to reply on this due to other priorities.

As suggested by Ben, I created a separate package for PowerPivot. Published the package globally, created a connection group, added Office 2016 (APP-V5) and PowerPivot (APP-V5) package to the connection group. Enabled the connection group globally.

The add-in still does NOT load. I navigated through the app-v registries and noticed the "LoadBehavior" key is set back to value "2" though the package contains value "3"

I disabled the connection group and then when I check the registry the value is "3".

I have changed the precedence of the packages with in connection group but that did not resolve the issue. The "Loadbehavior" value is set back to "2" irrespective of the precedence in the connection group.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

Any thoughts on how else we can implement this, please advise.

Monday, May 23, 2016 6:40 AM