none
DeploymentShare Read Only RRS feed

• Question

• I have DeploymentShare setup with DFSR copy the share to a remote servers.

The source MDT share is not read only in DFS Management.

However i can see that the folder properties is read only, if i unchecked read only click apply and confirm attribute changes i can see applying changes. But  then looking at the properties its back @ read only.

I am not able to make any changes at this point.

What can i check to fix this?

Thank you 

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:02 PM

All replies

• Here's what I did. I set replication to only happen during non-working hours, for me 7PM-7AM. So long as the deployment share wasn't being replicated I could work on it via the workbench. You can always manually and temporarily enable replication during "working hours" for 15 minutes or longer using DFS management or from a command line, if you needed to push out changes immediately. 

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:43 PM
  • Is DFS setting it as read only?

I dont have it set as a read only on the source server.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:56 PM
  • My primary server is not set as read only but my secondary is, that way it only flows from the main to the secondary. 

From what I noticed, sometimes when launched the workbench and tried made changes it would complain about being read only. My solution was to not have DFS-R replicating to the read only server at the time I wanted to make changes. 

You could run DFS-R full time but then temporarily suspend it when you wanted to make changes, then turn it back on so the changes replicate.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:03 PM
  • I do see that primary server is not read only in DFS, but i does set as a read only on the folder.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:13 PM