none
Switching protection between DPM 2010 servers RRS feed

• Question

• HI, I'm experiencing an issue when i switch protection between DPM 2010 server. Right now, If i have server DPM A protecting Server 1, and then inactivate the protection group on server DPM A, and then run setdpmserver on Server 1 and point to server DPM B, when I create a a new protection group on server DPM B, I get error messages saying that another DPM server is protecting server 1. Is there a way to reset this? I've tried uninstalling the agent, and reinstalling but get the same message.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 7:29 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

I have seen this issue before, the dpm database of the secondary still has entries of the primary protecting this datasource. It will need to be cleaned up out of the database. You will need to open a support case with the DPM team in PSS to get this taken care of. There currently is not a pubically available script to fix this.

Thanks,

Marc

Monday, June 20, 2011 8:04 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

I have seen this issue before, the dpm database of the secondary still has entries of the primary protecting this datasource. It will need to be cleaned up out of the database. You will need to open a support case with the DPM team in PSS to get this taken care of. There currently is not a pubically available script to fix this.

Thanks,

Marc

Monday, June 20, 2011 8:04 PM
  • I am trying to replace a old DPM 2012 server with a new (DPM)2019 one.

Similar problem in that I have deactivated and removed the Protection Group and then the DPM agents from 2 servers that were protected by the old DPM server.

Installed new agent from the new DPM 2019 onto above target machine, but when I create a Protection Group I get the "You have chosen to protect replicas on another DPM Server (Primary Server)" etc etc and the protection group creation fails.

The new DPM 2019 server seems to think it is a secondary... any idea how to clean that up ?

Monday, January 6, 2020 1:49 PM
  • Script isn't publicly available but can be sorted..

The non supported fix is to try: 

In the DPMDB database there are some lines that need to be removed from the tbl_IM_DPMDatasourceReplicaProperties table.
    BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR DPMDB DATABASE PRIOR TO MAKING CHANGES. I accept no responsiblity should it not work for you.
    "On the Primary DPM server, check if the SQL database table "tbl_IM_DPMDatasourceReplicaProperties" has any entries. If you have entries in this table, we consider it as Secondary DPM. You can safely delete the table rows, leaving only a single row with all NULL entries if the server truly is not a secondary server."

Worked fine with DPM 2019

Friday, January 10, 2020 12:52 PM