Need the settings for One URL for 3 Exchange in one Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our environment has 4 diff. sites in which we have Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 just configured. Now client wants that the URL for OWA will be the same for all the users in the Domain and this is really like eaten my brain thinking how could I do that.

All the three Exchanges are in one Domain.

Please help.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am not sure if you can but if you install CAS 2010 and all the Exchange Org under  the same AD then it may work.
    Where Technology Meets Talent
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:20 PM
  • Your Exchange 2010 CAS must be the Internet facing one, and OWA 2010 Virtual Directory must be configured with External URL.

Other ones must not have external URLs and must be configured with Integrated windows authentication.

Then instruct users to connecto to URL for the Exchange 2010 CAS.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:41 PM
  • You can have a single URL, however all that will happen is that they will redirect to the relevant versions. Exchange 2003 for example doesn't proxy, it redirects. You just need to look at the co-existence documentation on Technet for how OWA co-exists across Exchange versions and configure it appropriately.

It will require at least three URLs, with relevant SSL certificates and will not really achieve much more than what you have now.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Hi Sahil,

Besides, please refer to below related document:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2009/12/02/3408921.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310763.aspx

Hope it helps.

Rowen

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Rowen-Xu Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sahil G 88 Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:06 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:10 AM