How to make external emoticons on Lync RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make external emoticons(I got images, like jpeg, png, whatever I want to import), and I want to import to Microsoft Lync application.

I heard that there is a Lync SDK for developing Lync application, but I don't know it can be used what I want to make.

Does anybody have any idea use external emoticons in my chat on Lync?

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:33 AM

Answers

• You could definitely create a lync client using the lync SDK and replace certain placeholders like :mynewemoticon: with an image.

You'd have to Listen to the conversation events and do the replace on the Conversation's MessageReceived events.

Transferring images through the existing lync requires setting up a sort of tcp file transfer and is not really what you're after.

• Marked as answer by Wei Chiat Saturday, January 10, 2015 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:49 AM

All replies

• You could definitely create a lync client using the lync SDK and replace certain placeholders like :mynewemoticon: with an image.

You'd have to Listen to the conversation events and do the replace on the Conversation's MessageReceived events.

Transferring images through the existing lync requires setting up a sort of tcp file transfer and is not really what you're after.

• Marked as answer by Wei Chiat Saturday, January 10, 2015 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:49 AM
  • This capability isn't available natively, so you'd be designing your own add-on with the SDK. That said, I don't expect you're going to find a better way than just pasting your own images in.  I may be wrong.  I'd try posting in the dev forum instead to see if you have better luck: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=uc

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 4:44 PM