Building an effective KeyDown event for search RRS feed

• Question

• Goal:

I am attempting to build a KeyDown event so search for a specific string inside of a windows form that I have created.

Example:

# Create Windows Form With Document

# Now here is my KeyDown Event for searching strings

Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms
    Add-Type -AssemblyName Microsoft.VisualBasic

$form = New-Object -TypeName System.Windows.Forms.Form $form.StartPosition = 'CenterScreen' $form.KeyPreview = $true $form.Add_KeyDown( { if ($_.Control -and $_.KeyCode -eq 'F') { $stringToFind = [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::InputBox('Find what', 'Find') $pos = $textBox.Text.IndexOf($stringToFind); if ($pos -ne -1) { $textBox.SelectionStart = $pos; $textBox.SelectionLength = $stringToFind.Length; } } } ) }

There is a huge problem here.

-It only highlights the first string of the document. So if I type 'String' it will only find the first 'String.'

Question:

Can some one point me into the correct direction on how build a more effective KeyDown even for searching particular strings in a windows form? 

• Edited by Alexander Sinno Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:20 PM fixed format
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:19 PM

Answers

• Yes - that is the way "IndexOf" works.  You will have to use the position returned to "SubString" the remainder of the string to find the next occurrence.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:38 PM