none
DPM 2012 installations Fails with ID 812 RRS feed

• Question

• Report configuration failed.

Verify that SQL Server Reporting Services is installed properly and that it is running.

ID: 812

Monday, March 14, 2016 4:34 PM

All replies

• I'm getting the exact same error message.  Looking at the logs it looks like a communication problem but heck if i can figure out whats going wrong. Not sure why microsoft couldn't just use sql express for this.  I mean is it actually storing anything in the database?

In any event there are alot of 'supposed' fixes out there for this but so far none have fixed our issue.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:59 PM
  • Hi,

check this: Open "Reporting Services Configuration Manager".

Make sure that SQL Server Reporting Services run under the  Network Service account.
    That is not default!

My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:10 PM
  • do the following:

1.] start the Configuration Manager for Reporting Sevices

2.] connect to DPM instance

3.] generate a new encryption key, set the password and save the file

4.] move on to Webservice URL, delete the last letter, and add it again, DO NOT CHANGE, thats how APPLY becomes available, click apply to save the settings, if theres no error move on to

5.] Reporting URL, do here the same as in Webservice URL, click apply and wait for settings are set

after that click on the link thats provided in both sections and wait .... the reportings need some time to finish. If u get a directory that looks like YOURSQLINSTANCE/ReportServer_YOURSQLINSTANCE/ its correct.

click on the link @ Reporting URL, wait .... if u SQL Server Reporting Services in the uppe left corner, u good to go with the setup!

• Proposed as answer by XotusBlack Monday, April 11, 2016 6:35 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:36 PM