hiding empty kpis? or at least empty members? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

there is any option available to hide rows with empty KPIs in a scorecard?

I have a scorecard where I display on rows my KPIs (sales and others) + Store dimension.

but when I filter this scorecard for a specific product, all the stores still here, even the one with no sales

I want to hide them.

any idea?

thanks.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Try this in the filter function for the Product dimension (replace the dimension/hierarchy names appropriately):

NONEMPTY(NONEMPTY([Store Dimension].members,<<SourceValue>>),[Measures].[Sales])

This assumes you are passing this into the columns of the scorecard and removes the need to map an additional site filter.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:33 AM
  • This hides the dimension member but not empty KPIs

for example, I have 3 KPIs: eastern sales, western sales, global sales.

eastern sales KPI should be hidden when I select a store which is in the western region.

instead, PPS display the KPI with "no data", which is not what I'm looking for...

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:52 PM
  • In v1 there is not a way to hide the empty KPIs. We are working on this for a future release.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:35 PM
  • You could probably create a Scorecard Transform that would remove empty KPI's... that solution would be a bit more involved, though.  Let me know if you would like further details.

Regards,

David

Thursday, April 3, 2008 12:47 PM
  •  

Hi,

it will be great if you can share something with us :-)

Thursday, April 3, 2008 1:13 PM
  • I've written a blog post here

http://agilebi.com/cs/blogs/ddarden/archive/2008/04/26/creating-a-scorecard-transform-in-performancepoint-server-monitor.aspx

on how to create scorecard transforms.  I don't have a specific sample on this problem, but hopefully this will get you started.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David

Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:48 PM
  • Here is also a link to a sample we recently put on the PerformancePoint Team blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2008/04/09/hiding-empty-rows-in-a-scorecard-code-sample.aspx

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:14 PM