Present Powerpoint Files Option Not Working Skype for Business 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Continuing my testing with Skype for Business 2016 client and I noticed something strange. I can use the present my desktop or present programs options when messaging other users, but I'm unable to use the present Powerpoint files option. I already have my Office Web Apps server set up and I've tested connectivity / functionality. The process seems to stall when the Powerpoint file is being uploaded. I get an error message saying: Sorry we couldnt' upload "".pptx because we're having trouble connecting to the service. This doesn't make much sense to me as I can share the file using the Present Program option instead. I'm guessing the problem here is the upload portion of this transaction. Anyone familiar with this issue? The Skype setup is Single Standard Edition Front end server and Office Web Apps on prem. Internal use only at this point.

Atekkof

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Atekkof,

It's actually different work mechanism when choosing "Present Programs..." and "Present PowerPoint Files...". Present PowerPoint Files works with WAC while Present Programs doesn't.

For your issue, make sure you have configured the integration successfully:
    1). Confirm the Office Web App Server is associated with the FE pool in topology;
    2). Make sure you are able to browse the Office Web App server URL associated with FE Pool and there is no certificate error. The URL should be like https://wac.internaldomain/hosting/discovery/:

If the issue persists, check the following:
    1. Make sure the port 443 is open from WAC to FE IP;
    2. Run Get-OfficeWebAppsMachines, confirm if it returns a healthy state.
    3. Run Get-OfficeWebAppsFarm, check the internal URL, see if it's identical to the one in the Lync topology for the OWA server.

Meanwhile, here is an valuable blog about WAC and Lync server work flow & troubleshooting, for your reference:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/praj/2015/04/14/troubleshooting-office-web-app-server-integration-with-lync-server-2013/

BR,
    Jessie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:38 AM