boundaries RRS feed

• Question

• I have SCCM 2012 and want to start implementing it. I would like to use just a few machines to test. I'm reading that the best way to set up boundaries is to use IP range. My question is what do I do if the test machines are not in the same ip range? Do I created ranges according to each machine and then add to a boundary group?
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:11 PM

Answers

• You can create an IP address "range" with the start and end address being the same (so containing just a single IP). Or you can test it even without defining any boundaries at all (limitations then: no auto site assignment possible (but manual works) and all DPs are considered "remote"/"slow").

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Jörgen NilssonMVP Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by ODell77 Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:32 PM
  • I would do an AD security group instead of using boundaries. You can filter much easier that way and wont have to worry if the ip address changes. It will also help you down the line when you are testing out collections.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:53 PM

All replies

• You can create an IP address "range" with the start and end address being the same (so containing just a single IP). Or you can test it even without defining any boundaries at all (limitations then: no auto site assignment possible (but manual works) and all DPs are considered "remote"/"slow").

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Jörgen NilssonMVP Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:38 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:32 PM
  • I would do an AD security group instead of using boundaries. You can filter much easier that way and wont have to worry if the ip address changes. It will also help you down the line when you are testing out collections.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:53 PM