none
Question about the red squiggly lines MS Project 2010 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,  Can anyone tell me if the red squiggly lines that show up under a date when Project detects a potential scheduling problem only appear for manually scheduled tasks? I noticed I haven't been seeing them lately. The only reason I can think of is that I've been doing all my schedules in automatically scheduled task mode.

Thanks!

Friday, February 24, 2017 10:40 PM

All replies

• The red squigglies indicate that the task is manually scheduled, along with other give-aways such as the green bar colour.

I never use manual scheduling and I keep a sharp eye for the signs of manually scheduled tasks because it is possible to accidentally make a task manually scheduled, probably what you have done.

Also, make sure that you can always see the task mode column, so you can watch out for the little pins.

Friday, February 24, 2017 11:15 PM
  • More specifically the red squiggly lines indicate that there is a potential scheduling issue for manually scheduled tasks.  For example, there is a conflict between a link (predecessor/successor) relationship and manually entered dates.  It only applies to manually scheduled tasks.  Automatically scheduled tasks will show indicators in the indicator column if you have typed in dates.
    Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:49 PM