My built-in cam is upside down. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an Asus K50IJ laptop, win 7 x64. By mistake i have uninstalled the camera driver and windows did its job by installing the driver which is provided by microsoft... unfortunately its not compatible since the view is upside-down. I do have the original driver on my laptop from the Asus website but whenever i try to update the driver from device manager message will tell me that windows finds that the driver doesnt need to be updated. I uninstall the driver from device manager, as soon as i refresh device manager for changes windows will automatically install the same microsoft driver in matter of seconds though i disconnect the internet. I changed settings so windows will not automatically update drivers for me, i turned off internet but the same thing goes on. I try to delete the driver that windows is using to install automatically from system32/drivers but with no success since i dont have the rights, though being the owner of my laptop. From my point of view one of the ways is for me to turn off the internet, delete the webcam driver found in sys32 etc, uninstall the driver from sys manager so that windows will automatically try to install the driver but it wont find it. Then i will be able to proceed by installing the original driver. How can i get to do that since i dont have "permission" to delete the driver from sys32/etc... if there is another way please could somebody suggest me the way. Thank you in advance, Luke.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your situation, the system restore is a better choice. If it doesn't fix the issue, please don't scan for hardware changes after deleting the driver from Device Manager. Then, you can install the original driver.

Meanwhile, It is not recommend deleting the driver from system32/drivers folder since it will corrupt the system file.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, October 10, 2011 3:22 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:50 AM