1628: failed to complete installation - Can't Update a Game - Win7 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• When i try to install a game Patch i get this error :

I did this solution but it didn't help me out :

First: Control Panel - not using classic display

2. Click Performance and Maintenance

3. Administrative tools

4. click local security policy

5. Then click Software restriction policies.

6. When I did this there weren't any set. So you have to click action
    tab to create them. When you do so click onto enforcement.

7. Then select all users except administrator.

Can anyone help me.
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You could try downloading and installing the latest Windows Installer (4.5). That seems to have done the trick for some people:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

If that did not help, change the restriction settings to fix the Windows 7 Error 1628 :

Step 1: Click Start button at the left bottom of desktop, go to Control Panel, the select Local Security Setting.

Step 2: On the panel of Local Security Setting click on Software Restriction Polices. Then in the right hand column double click on enforcement.

Step 3: Under the topic of enforcement, Apply software restriction policies to the following user make sure you click on "to all users except local administrators".

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, March 1, 2010 9:16 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Try the following KB fix:

Microsoft Games: InstallShield Error Messages

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, March 1, 2010 9:15 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 6:39 AM

All replies

• for which game? This is support forum for MS Windows 7. NOT game support. Is the game compatible with Windows 7? Try use Compatibility mode. Try contact your seller.
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:47 AM
  • Hi Jiří Janata

Sorry That I put this topic in the wrong Section,
    The game is Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood, The game is Working Fine With Win7 x64 But the Game Update is Not Working.
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

You could try downloading and installing the latest Windows Installer (4.5). That seems to have done the trick for some people:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

If that did not help, change the restriction settings to fix the Windows 7 Error 1628 :

Step 1: Click Start button at the left bottom of desktop, go to Control Panel, the select Local Security Setting.

Step 2: On the panel of Local Security Setting click on Software Restriction Polices. Then in the right hand column double click on enforcement.

Step 3: Under the topic of enforcement, Apply software restriction policies to the following user make sure you click on "to all users except local administrators".

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, March 1, 2010 9:16 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Hi Magon_67

I try to install ( x64 Platform: Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu ) But I get this message.

I already tried this fix but it didn't help me.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 1:28 PM

• What does the error messsge say?
    Manually download the update and "Run as administrator".

The following steps are also one of the fixes:

1. Delete the string values (Except for (Default)) in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions
    2. Start gpedit.msc
    3. Expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, expand Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.
    4. In the details pane, double-click Turn off Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, and then click Enabled.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:54 AM
  • Try the following KB fix:

Microsoft Games: InstallShield Error Messages

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, March 1, 2010 9:15 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry but you're a moron. Windows 7 includes Windows Installer 5.0 and doesn't even support v4.5.
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:09 PM
  • I try everything every step by step still not working, i am using win 7 64 bit. Need Help PlZ :(
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Same as MiKeD49 - do all the above, step by step, still not working in win 7 64 bit.  Help!
    Monday, October 17, 2011 10:05 AM