office 2007 stream from appv 4.5 server with 4.6 client. lost the will to live. RRS feed

• Question

• I am about to chuck appv out the window. I sequenced office 2007 and accessed all features without issue (I was proud of myself for following all steps correctly) however a day later all shortcuts except outlook disapeared and i had an error in the windows event viewer stating the guid codebase had changed so couldnt load the osd.

I thought ok maybe the files corrupted so i replaced them with an unmodified backup i had. this changed nothing. so i went back to square one and re did office 2007 (1 hour 30 mins later) i had a folder i could re import. I tried this new package out and worked fine. I moved to my test machine and this also worked fine. I then went back to test in the afternoon and all shortcuts except picture viewer had disapeared but this is where it gets interesting. it still works on my main machine even after deleting the applications from the appv client and deleting the softgrid folder from within my profile and rebooting. however if i login to the test machine with my account which seems to be working on my own the shortcuts show but missing icons and when i try to run these it states it cannot find the application in the data store or cant access the server.

I have tried with accoutns which havent access my test machine / any appv shortcuts and they jsut odnt show the shortcuts. and give the osd guid issue.

getting frustrated now as every other app works. you would think office would be the easier one to use with appv not the hardest. :(

Friday, June 11, 2010 1:42 PM

Answers

• When you want to replace a corrupt package, you first should disable the old one on the Server (using the MMC), then wait a while (a up to a few days within a production environment) until this disabeling got around. Then delete the old app+package from the server console and publish the new one.

If you have opnly a very few test clients, things will hapüpen faster..

Falko
    Friday, June 11, 2010 4:00 PM

All replies

• Found a work around.

If i log on as a local admin and delete the application shortcuts from the appv cleint this fixes the problem but shouldnt appv be clearing out dead shortcuts and replacing with the current versions as they are in a new location and a new guid (a new application) the refresh / sync seems to be a bit naff. I would expect when a user logs in the appv client querys the server for new apps / shortcuts but it seems to look at current shrotcuts and keeps them if a new application has the same shortcut name. which results in osd / guid mismatches.

Friday, June 11, 2010 2:34 PM
  • When you want to replace a corrupt package, you first should disable the old one on the Server (using the MMC), then wait a while (a up to a few days within a production environment) until this disabeling got around. Then delete the old app+package from the server console and publish the new one.

If you have opnly a very few test clients, things will hapüpen faster..

Falko
    Friday, June 11, 2010 4:00 PM