VDI environment outlook 2016 OST path problem RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2016 OST path is known to be adjusted through "Administrative Template files (ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool for Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise, Office 2019, and Office 2016"

But the user OST is through GPO By USER NOT BUY computer

May I ask if you can use AD GPO to use the user foreground ost is only applied in the VDI environment, other environments will not be applied

Computer VDI naming rules

VDI-xxx1

and

WIN10-VDI-XXX1

Thanks

• Edited by Majigougou Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Majigougou,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

>> May I ask if you can use AD GPO to use the user foreground ost is only applied in the VDI environment, other environments will not be applied.
    Due to the limitations of the environment, I could not  test the behaviors in the VDI environment you mentioned. I really researched a lot about the AD GPO only applied in the VDI environment but have not found any useful information so far.

Since here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client in Conventional environment, I'm afraid little we know about AD GPO in the VDI environment. To better solve your issue, it is suggested to post a new thread to the Outlook for Developers forum for more help.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 7:31 AM
  • OK

THANKS

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 7:57 AM
  • Hi Majigougou,

You are welcome. 

By the way, in order to close this thread, would you mind kindly marking helpful replies or your own reply as answers. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:42 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Saturday, July 4, 2020 5:54 AM
  • Outlook 2016 OST path is known to be adjusted through "Administrative Template files (ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool for Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise, Office 2019, and Office 2016"

But the user OST is through GPO By USER NOT BUY computer

May I ask if you can use AD GPO to use the user foreground ost is only applied in the VDI environment, other environments will not be applied

Computer VDI naming rules

VDI-xxx1

and

WIN10-VDI-XXX1

Thanks

Your scenario may be suitable for using Group Policy Loopback processing (apply user-configs by linking to an OU containing computers)

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Saturday, July 4, 2020 8:02 AM