Vista 32 bit shutting down RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    Could you please advise me, I have connected an external hardrive hitachi 1tb to take the pressure of my computer and backup all programmes and pictures etc
    but since doing so everytime I use my ipod, printer, try to put pictures to disc etc my computer shuts down goes to blue screen and re boots taking ages in the process I have 455 memory with still  300 free, connected to computer I have 2 printers, hardrive, re writer, mouse, keyboard, speakers all via usb's of which a couple do not work properly and also my cd rom does not work, so please can anyone help its all driving me nuts
    Thanks Sue
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 8:32 PM

All replies

• At first, upgrade all your drivers to newest version. Try also another USB device/HDD plug in. If you have many problems, I think, that the fastest way is reinstall system.
    • Proposed as answer by Jiří Janata Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:14 PM
    Monday, March 8, 2010 12:20 PM
  • Hi Jiri
    Thanks for replying have installed newest driver what do mean by an HDD Plug in, do you think I need to unistall everything then re install or just the hard drive
    sorry for questions but need to get my head round it . and shall I move all programmes to external hard drive first then unistall

Thanks for taking the time

Kind Regards Sue
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:33 PM
  • With HDD plug in I mean> Connect anoter USB Harddrive (older, or from your friend) to your computer or flash disk. Or it make bluescreen only with this one HDD? Try this HDD connect to another computer..
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:11 AM