none
Changing calendar to display Free / Busy time - Exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• So, I am trying to do something which sounds incredibly simple...

I have a calendar which is set up under 'Resources' on Exchange 2016.

I've been asked to change the calendar so that by default everyone can only see Free or Busy time, simple right?

I can't see any option under Properties to be able to change this and despite my own account being in Full Control of the mailbox I can't seem to make any changes to the calendar through OWA.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Jack

Monday, June 17, 2019 1:27 PM

All replies

• Simply change the permissions on the Default user via PowerShell:

Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity room:\Calendar -User Default -AccessRights LimitedDetails

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:49 PM
  • You can also check all the available value from this article: Set-MailboxFolderPermission

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Thank you, I've ran the command and it seems to have worked.

It would be useful to have this option through the GUI in future.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:20 PM
  • Thanks Kyle, this is really helpful for future reference. 
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to see that it works for you. I would suggest you mark it as an answer for helping more people.

About the GUI, you can take steps below:

1.  Give this room mailbox's full access permission to one mailbox:

2.Use this mailbox to open room mailbox's  calendar in Outlook, then you could modify permission for it:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi Jack Gorman,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Friday, June 21, 2019 2:17 PM