none
"The update has been downloaded but couldn't be opened. (801883f)" Service Request No: 1274733027 RRS feed

• Question

• My wife and I have identical Lumia 520 phones on Windows 8.1 - out of the blue Cortana installed itself onto her phone - well, she probably installed it without realizing it because I often tell her to say OK to any updates that pop up. We are both at Cyan and I have 4.8gb of free space on my phone with all my photos and most apps on a 16gb SD card.  Now, I have tried repeatedly to download an update and repeatedly is has stopped with the error message above.  Tech support said it resolve itself if I reset the phone and did a restart which I did and it still fails for the same error.

Has anyone encountered this issue and actually solved it yet?  I have seen lots of suggestions and no real answers in the general forums.  I was even told that the 520 was not able to run Cortana (which I know it does).  Would it matter which provider you are with that would affect this update.  My wife is O2 and I am EE 

I don't see why I should upgrade my phone when I know I don't need to

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks

(Earlier Service Request No:  1274733027 )

Friday, January 2, 2015 8:30 PM