none
Linux apt repository for Debian/Ubuntu OS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MRO team

I recently updated from MRO 3.5.0 to 3.5.1, and it was a bit of a nightmare because the installation script for 3.5.1 kept getting tripped up by old stuff from the 3.5.0 installation which I hadn't noticed. I kept on having to go in to sweep out old infrastructure to make space for the new one. My question isn't really about the details of that process (which was fairly straightforward, but lengthy). I just want to ask if there is likely to be an apt repository to host the MRO distribution so that I can keep up to date with MRO by just typing:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

as with the other Debian/Ubuntu packages I install?

This would make administrators lives quite a bit easier.

Thanks,

Harley Day

I'm a member of a research group at Imperial College in London. There are about 5 people in the group who regularly use the MRO installation we have installed on a communal server locally. Thanks for the high-quality R release - it makes our work so much faster on our 48-core machine.

Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Harley

Thanks for your feedback around updating MRO. I'll pass this along to our team for consideration . Glad to hear that this is providing your users value. We release versions vs. updates this ensures the install provides a consistent set of packages that are assured to work consistently.

Microsoft ML Server Team

Monday, October 8, 2018 5:06 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply and for considering the request.

May I ask what do you mean by "We release versions vs. updates". Are you referring to the MRO snapshots of the CRAN package repositories?

Regards,
    Harley

Saturday, October 13, 2018 12:08 PM