none
Multiple protection groups for a single datasource RRS feed

• Question

• Dear ,

i have DPM2016 with rollup2. i have a server where where all the shared files are putting there. on this server i've mapped a 76 TB from a dell storage.the shared folders on this partition have a size of 3.5 TB. i created a protection group to backup these shared files.in parallel i am running backup exec to have a double copy. after a recovery point the protection group start a consistency check. the consistency check is taking around 38 hours to be done. the protection group gives me a green ok after that a recovery point occur according to the schedule and then a consistency check and so on. 

my question is can i create multiple protection groups for the same data source (for example D drive). other question why is this happening why every time the protection group run a consistency check.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 1:11 PM

Answers

• house keeping - closing old post.

Once a data source is protected it cannot be protected again.  You need to look at the failed synchronization job and alert details for actions to help solve.

I suspect the USN Journal is too small on the protected server.

Increasing the size of the NTFS Change Journal

fsutil usn createjournal m=4294967296  a=536870912 X:   (where X: is the drive letter of the problematic volume)

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 10, 2020 10:42 PM