Disabling PAS Cell Menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to disable the entire menu which pops up when you click on a cell in PAS.  I am aware that in book publishing properties, I can disable features such as drill to detail etc but this still shows a greyed out menu which pops up when I click on a cell.  I want to disable the entire menu from appearing so that if a user clicks inside the cells, nothing happens.  Is this possible?  The reason is that I have incorporated PAS views into a dashboard and each view is a different size and the menu is truncated depending on the size of the portlet and looks inconsistent.  For example, if a view is 60 pixels high, I can see the first 2 menu items, if the view is 100 pixels high, I can see 3 menu items.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:39 PM

Answers

• You wouldn't be able to supress that popup menu through the UI, but you could do it by customizing the PAS web pages.  The file you would probably be interested in is the pbExecGrid.js javascript file, which will be located at \inetpub\wwwroot\PAS by default.  You would modify the javascript to remove the menu popup functionality.  Please keep in mind though that any customizations to the PAS product are not supported through standard support agreements with Microsoft.

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:28 PM