none
Move Computer objects to OU based on IP address RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Scripting lords!! Please answer my prayer :D

What we need is a script to move all computer objects to the OU based in their IP addresses.

Please let me know if this is doable and if so how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Sanjay, You may follow below link. Modify the script according to your need like IP range, OU Names etc.

https://vinayrs.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/powershell-script-to-move-computers-to-ou-based-on-ip-address/
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Thanks a lot Imran, you saved my day!!!
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:14 PM
  • Hi,
    Was your issue resolved? 
    If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,
    Lee

Just do it.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 2:10 PM
  • Still trying to make it work with the help of above script, but due to some testing environment failure could not complete. I will update in a few days
    Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:14 AM