none
Project Professional unresponsive from Project Web App RRS feed

• Question

• All,
    When accessing a project schedule from Project Online (via the Scheduling icon on Project Center webpage) it opens the project schedule but hangs for about 30 seconds and then finally opens the schedule.  Once it is open I am unable to add tasks, adjust resource plan, or anything else, it is just frozen. However when I go to close the project it asks me to check it in (which it does).

When I open the Project (from the Project Online db) from Project Professional, it opens just fine and I am able to modify the schedule as usual.

This just started happening (within the past week) to one of our users and now it has started for me.  Any ideas?  I have cleared my cache in Project Pro and still experience the issue.

Thanks,
    Jason

Thursday, October 22, 2015 2:35 PM

All replies

• I am currently working a ticket with Microsoft and we have determined why it is hanging and a workaround for the issue but still haven't found the root cause yet. 

The issue is whenever I create a new project, based on an EPT via a template defined with subtasks and publish it, the next time I open it the 'Project Summary Task' line does not have a font or size defined for the entire row.  Apparently when you open it from PWA, this issue occurs, but when you open it from Project Professional, it doesn't.  *Note even when I open from project professional it too doesn't have a font on the 'Project Summary Task' but I do not experience the hanging or freezing of the screen.

The workaround we have found is if you format paint another summary task row to the 'Project Summary Task' row and publish it, you can then open it from PWA just fine.  I am pushing to find a resolution as to why it strips the font from the 'Project Summary Task' upon creation of a project as the template does have a font when first creating the project.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:36 PM