"speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported" After Installing Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Well when i had Vista my speech recognition worked fine then when I installed Windows 7 and i pressed it, it did not work so it said speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported so is there any solution for this?
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:46 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I suggest you to perform the following steps to check the result:

1. Go to Control Panel ->Speech Recognition

2. Click Advance Speech options on the left panel.

3. Change the Language to another option.

4. Uncheck the "Review documents and mail to improve accuracy.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:41 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 10:12 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I suggest you to perform the following steps to check the result:

1. Go to Control Panel ->Speech Recognition

2. Click Advance Speech options on the left panel.

3. Change the Language to another option.

4. Uncheck the "Review documents and mail to improve accuracy.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:41 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 10:12 AM
  •  

Just to add, if "Review document.." option is already unchecked then select it, Apply, unselect it and finally press Ok.

Bingo

Naimish Dave
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Hi 

I have tried the above steps, the problem is still present though. Thanks for the help, if you can suggest any other solution I would be most obliged,

Regards,

Gerry

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:07 AM
  • Clicking "Advanced Speech options" results in the following message:

"The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a different audio device."

How do you select a different engine?  Is there a choice between 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder engines?

Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:46 PM