none
Windows Media Center feature and offline installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I installed Windows 8.1 Pro Update using the MSDN iso of Windows 8.1 Update (Multiple Edition).

Now, I would like to add the Windows Media Center feature. How should I do?

Is it possible to add this feature even if the computer does not have an Internet connection?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Friday, September 12, 2014 9:34 AM

Answers

• I'm sorry but I can not find the Settings button in step 2 of the above procedure. How come?

On your computer, it probably shows as "Everywhere" - click or tap "Everywhere" to show the search filter drop-down list, and in the list, select "Settings"

(The article is intended to guide users of Win8.0 and also Win8.1. For Win8.0 you have to choose "Settings" to see the desired result. For Win8.1 which introduced the "Everywhere" option, it's not necessary to select/choose "Settings" to see the desired result)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:29 AM

All replies

• Follow the instructions as described here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/feature-packs

If you don't have internet connection then you have to activate over phone.If required you need to contact Microsoft Customer Care.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:18 PM
  • Follow the instructions as described here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/feature-packs

If you don't have internet connection then you have to activate over phone.If required you need to contact Microsoft Customer Care.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

I'm sorry but I can not find the Settings button in step 2 of the above procedure. How come?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Friday, September 12, 2014 4:20 PM
  • I'm sorry but I can not find the Settings button in step 2 of the above procedure. How come?

On your computer, it probably shows as "Everywhere" - click or tap "Everywhere" to show the search filter drop-down list, and in the list, select "Settings"

(The article is intended to guide users of Win8.0 and also Win8.1. For Win8.0 you have to choose "Settings" to see the desired result. For Win8.1 which introduced the "Everywhere" option, it's not necessary to select/choose "Settings" to see the desired result)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:29 AM