none
Server 2016 dhcp failover synchronization and auto config sync tool RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I have migrated our DHCP from 2012 to 2016.

I have tried installing the DHCP Failover Auto Config Sync tool but it no longer works.

In the set up guide it says that the user must be a member of the WinRMRemoteWMIUsers_ group.  This group is on the 2012 servers but on the 2016 servers, that group does not exist.  I'm guessing that is why the tool will not work.

Has anyone managed to get the tool to work on 2016?

Is there any way to automatically sync the servers when a reservation is added or the properties of a scope is changed?

We have more than one person who enters reservations so having to do it manually is not the best option.

Thanks,

W

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

There is a method to auto replication reservations by using Powershell and Schedule task, you could refer to the link below:

http://britv8.com/dhcp-2012-r2-static-reservations-replication-not-working/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:54 AM

• Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 9:42 AM
  • HI,

Thanks for the response.  The cmdlet works fine when you run it.  I just have to work on getting it to run on a task schedule now.  I believe there are ways to run it by event which would be the best way instead of on a set time.  I was hoping it'd be like the autoconfig tool instead of having to do it this way but it'll work.

thanks for the help.

Woodmall

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:08 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updating and sharing.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:24 AM