none
pci\ven_8086&dev_ 153a&subsys_05a41028&REV_04 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to deploy windows 7 image using mdt. It worked fine on many machines. But when i tried to deploy on two new machines.  it is causing an error 

The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

pci\ven_8086&dev_ 153a&subsys_05a41028&REV_04

I tried to download the following driver and when i tried to import driver in the mdt, it says the driver already exist.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3680&DwnldID=18713&ProductFamily=Ethernet+Components&ProductLine=Ethernet+Controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Ethernet+Connection+I217-LM&lang=eng

please let me know when else needs to be checked.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Monday, June 2, 2014 9:19 PM

All replies

• The above device looks like an ethernet adapter. The issue may be that both of the platforms you are testing on may have different ethernet models (one might be a 10/100 and the other may be a 10/1000) in them which is causing the break. 

I would start off by checking your Driver Injection task and ensure "Install all drivers assigned to the profile" is enabled and not selected as "Install only matching drivers..."

Resources:
    [-] Hardware specific targeting (driver installs)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps address your issue. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:23 PM
  • Thank you very much. May I know where will this option be..I mean where will "Install all drivers assigned to the profile" option present..i tried to find in task sequence but could not..once again thank you very much
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:31 PM
  • ya i got it. That option has already been selected.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:43 PM
  • Can you please help if there are any other alternatives...
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:04 PM
  • If you're installing all drivers in the profile, instead of matching drivers, Windows Setup may find the wrong driver.

Does your architecture match the driver attempting to be installed? Meaning, if you are installing x64 Windows 7, are you sure the driver is x64? (You can verify easily be looking in Out-of-Box Drivers.)

-Nick O.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:12 PM