I want to disable the library function in w7. I don't use it and don't like it. RRS feed

• Question

• How do I disable the library function in W7?

Also an XP function that does not seem to exist in W7 is an ability in W. Explorer to move through directory structures with just a forward and back arrow. Am I missing something here, it's such an intuitive (remember outlines in English Class for organizing printed information) function I can't believe it has been omitted. W7 only seems to allow moving up or down one or two levels before the arrows grey out. Is there a way to fix this?

Saturday, November 6, 2010 4:53 PM

Answers

• You can also delete the folders in the library. Then it will not collect files for the folders. You can then create the folders or a new folder at a later date if needed without changing the registry.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, November 12, 2010 10:47 AM
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 1:09 PM

All replies

• How to DisableLibraries ” Feature in Windows 7 ?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 10:49 PM
  • No fixes in Win Explorer. The changed (missing) features from previous versions have been a topic of great discussion and dislike here in the forum
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 1:04 PM
  • You can also delete the folders in the library. Then it will not collect files for the folders. You can then create the folders or a new folder at a later date if needed without changing the registry.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, November 12, 2010 10:47 AM
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 1:09 PM