none
SharePoint Migration Tool SPMT - List template does not match between source and target RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have tried to migrate a large but pretty simple Site Collection (including structure, content, list , everything possible) from SharePoint Server 2013 On-prem to Online. I've create a test Site Collection to test the flow and the only problem I ran into was checked out documents - and it solved. Then the testmigration went through.

Then I did a Test-migration to the Site Collection meant to be the "production", it worked fine on first try. I did not save the migrations to run Incremental, silly me. Then the problems began, tried to create a new migration to the same site collection. Tried to delete the site collection and recreate it, create a new migration and the same problem occurs with the same error.

During the Scan-process it bail out and can not resume or anything .

The selected source list has a different template than the target one (ErrorCode 0x02010010)

The log shows following problem.

2019-06-18 13:42:28.0238|DEBUG|WF|74|4ca03365|List template does not match between source and target; Source: 'Pictures' Template 'PictureLibrary'; Target: 'Pictures' Template '851' 
    2019-06-18 13:42:28.0238|ERROR|WF|74|4ca03365|Got a fatal exception during scan Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.Exceptions.ListTemplateMismatchException: The selected source list has a different template than the target one
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.CheckWebCompatibility(WebMetaInfo web, ScanReport report)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.SourceProviderAbstract.GetItems(ScanReport report, ScanReport previousReport, Boolean doFileOpenAssess, ValidationOption option)
    2019-06-18 13:42:28.0378|DEBUG|WF|74|4ca03365|Closing item list 

A bit later in the log:

ERROR|WF|74|4ca03365|Unexpected Exception when calling thread for type ScanAndStart. Thread Dead. Microsoft.SharePoint.MigrationTool.MigrationLib.Assessment.Exceptions.ListTemplateMismatchException: The selected source list has a different template than the target one

I pretty sure that this picturegallery isn't a new one. This makes me very confused because both test-migration to test site and test migration to produktion site went through without any issues.

SharePoint Configuration database version: 15.0.4927.1000 

Does anyone know if I can fix this issue?
    Can anyone tell me how I can find out the URL to this picture gallery so I can try to ignore it so the migration may continue?

Regards

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:22 PM

All replies

• Were you able to resolve this issue?  I'm running into the same error on a 2010 Images library that has a "DocumentLibrary" template applied.  The target, created by the SMT, is using an "851" template.

Regards,

Brian

Saturday, November 23, 2019 12:19 AM