none
App-V 5 SP3 Sequencer with SP2 client RRS feed

• Question

• AppV 5 SP2 HF5 in place...

have couple of questions about SP3.

1. no intention to upgrade whole system to SP3. Want to use Sequencer only.

I tried to find MDOP containing Sequencer SP3  on Licensing Portal. There was no MDOP but Microsoft App-V Host Virtualization 5 SP3 that contained SW_CD_App_Virt_SAL_5.0w_SP3_MultiLang_MLF_X19-79320.iso

ISO contains 3 folders:  APP-V Client 5.0 SP3, --Sequencer-- and  --Server--

So, no MDOP anymore? Or I am missing something?

2. do APPS sequenced in SP3 Sequencer supported by APPV5.0 SP2 infra...?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1.) SP3 is on MDOP 2014 R2

I've got the name as mu_microsoft_desktop_optimization_pack_2014_r2_x86_x64_dvd_6110480.iso

You can find App-V by itself under Application Virtualization, MDOP is under Desktop Optimization Pack...

2.) Yes

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Edited by RorymonMVP Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:15 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:13 PM
  • Hello,

The upgrade order is recommended to be first Client, then any server-components (if they are in place) and last the sequencer. 

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Proposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, March 20, 2015 10:30 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:15 PM
  • Thanks for the info.

>  The upgrade order is recommended to be first Client, then any server-components (if they are in place) and last the sequencer. 

1. no plan to update clients for sure. Would Servers update bring an advantage? (currently 5 sp2 without issues)

and is it possible to upgrade SP2 AppvMan and AppvPub servers to SP2 straight forward (sure with a previous backup)?

As Rory confirmed that SP3 Sequencer is supported for SP2 Servers. From first look I found an interesting feature in SP3 that could serve for a particular app : allow to write to virtual file system (in Advanced).

First time don't see Mark as answer. So cannot Mark your answers.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:34 PM
  • Hello,

See my previous reply

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:48 PM
  • Sorry, I should specify and say it should work. I'm not sure of the specific support. I'd guess it is supported but as Nicke said the recommended route is to update the client first.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Edited by RorymonMVP Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:56 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:55 PM
  • conclusion: don't touch SP3 without starting with client then server upgrade.

Thanks!

Friday, March 20, 2015 10:29 AM