Windows 7 - Stop gadgets from being closed RRS feed

• Question

• How to stop gadgets from being closed? Is there a way to lock them on screen so they won't be closed if clicked on "close" button by mistake? Why do I need this? I've got a computer class at university & I need to stop students to close gadgets by mistake or by any other intention they might have. Anything else is secured - so that the system is indestructible. Gadgets is the only weak point.
    I would be very happy if
    1) I won't be asked "do I really need gadgets?"
    2) I won't be offered to use acronis, system freeze tools or any other means that return the system to the initial state after reboot - I don't need this (that includes server options as well)
    3) I won't receive reactions like "students can hack anything so don't even try"
    4) I receive RELEVANT answer to my question

P.S.: Sorry for 1), 2), 3) but that's what I receive at other forums & don't want to come across that again
    Friday, March 12, 2010 7:01 PM

All replies

• I don't think it's possible to prevent the gadgets from being closed.

I even tried to modify the other account's permission on the %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar which is use to store the Gadgets' settings. After that, they still be able to turn off them.

I hope this can help you.

John
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

For those interested I created a script to force gadgets to be re-opened on login if they are closed.

http://halcoberry.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/forcing-gadgets-on-desktop-computer.html

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:04 AM