none
turn off this setting by editing the synchronized security group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have changed PWA setting from SharePoint mode to PWA mode. while adding user and assign permission like Project Manager getting following error:

Users can't be added to or removed from Project security groups that are synchronized with Active Directory Groups. If you need to add or remove a user, turn off this setting by editing the synchronized security group.

pls guide.

Thx

iffi

Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

seems that you sync group membership from AD. When doing so, you can't add/remove users from a sync'd Project Server group manually. So either change membership of users in appropriate AD group. Or remove AD group name from Project Manager group.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:10 PM
  • hi,

pls guide how

change membership of users in appropriate AD group. Or remove AD group name from Project Manager group.

thx

iffi

Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

sorry. Open Settings - PWA Settings - Manage Groups. Click on Project Managers group. I assume a group name in the marked box.

If you remove the AD group name you will be able to add/remove users manually. If you leave the group name there, you need to add or remove users in this AD group.

Barbara

Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:35 PM
  • Open Settings - PWA Settings - Manage Groups. Click on Project Managers group. I assume a group name in the marked box.
    I have following groups:

Administrators
    Portfolio Managers
    Portfolio Viewers
    Project Managers
    Resource Managers
    Team Leads
    Team Members

in above groups "Active Directory Group" is blank.
    pls advise.
    Thx

iffi

Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

I have just tried with a new instance and can't reproduce your issue. Just to be sure: You are not able to add users to a group when editing any of the groups?

Barbara

Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:39 PM