Sequencer crashes when editing shortcut RRS feed

• Question

• AppV5 sequencer crashes when i edit shortcuts at "Shortcuts and FTAs"-tab.

If i use right side of tab to edit shortcuts it crashes/freezes everytime. If i use left side to edit its not crashes. This is little embarrassing feature :)

(AppV5 SP2 HF4)

• Edited by J.Saarinen Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:44 AM

Answers

• Press escape to unfreeze it, then edit the shortcuts on the left hand side instead!

This is an old App-V 5 bug.

I prefer to modify the shortcuts in the actual start menu whilst monitoring. Otherwise any changes you make in the sequencer are undone next time you upgrade the package, as it seems to re-parse the .lnk files each time a monitoring session is reopened.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_MartinModerator Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hi, does it really crash or 'just' freeze?

If it just freezes with some sub windows open - just click somewhere outside the Sequencer (like on the taskbar, start menu..) and return to the Sequencer. 

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:53 AM
  • Press escape to unfreeze it, then edit the shortcuts on the left hand side instead!

This is an old App-V 5 bug.

I prefer to modify the shortcuts in the actual start menu whilst monitoring. Otherwise any changes you make in the sequencer are undone next time you upgrade the package, as it seems to re-parse the .lnk files each time a monitoring session is reopened.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_MartinModerator Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:14 PM