none
PWA Bug? Auto-generates actuals RRS feed

• Question

• I have observed this behavior repeatedly. Is it a known PWA bug? Where would I find that documented? Or is it a bug in the local implementation?

When using PWA with the timesheet option user update of %complete, actual start, and a few other fields is blocked, since the time-entry module handles all posting of actuals. This is necessary and understandable.

However, if I zero-out the "Remaining Work" on an assignment with timephased planned Remaining Work, that planned work is automatically converted to Actual Work and an Actual Finish equal to the (planned) Finish is posted. Once that happens, I cannot fix it, since the system blocks me from changing any actuals.

I have learned (through painful experience) to not zero out remaining work on assignments; I copy/paste the Actual Work to the "Work." This removes the planned without changing it to actual, and sets an actual finish equal to the last time the resource reported through the Timesheet module.

Don Cooley

Project management consultant

United Airlines

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Don,

How are you exactly "zeroing" the remaining work? I just tried (Project 2013 with Project Online) zeroing remaining work in the task usage view and it behaves as expected: actual is kept, duration and work are reduced.

Before

After

Can you reproduce this issue on a blank new file? Which service pack, patch level, Project Server version are you working with?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:47 AM